Monday, July 26, 2021

Three years ago I worked on a dog who had a partially torn ACL, so she was limited in her movement and  in some pain.  Her owner decided to try Reiki as an alternative to traditional surgery, so we set up weekly sessions for about 8 weeks.  Hanna was a sweet, beautiful, healthy Rottweiler mix, who was very receptive to my offerings, and we all felt the sessions were bringing significant improvement to her condition. After the final session Hanna was allowed to start walking further and building strength, and returned to her normal life of a happy country dog.

Fast forward to 2021, she partially tore her other ACL, and I was again called in to work with her and offer my skills for her recovery.  I arrived at the door and when I knocked she barked, as all good dogs do. I was let in and she immediately started to wag, and fell into my arms with such a clear sense of joy for seeing  me again and gratitude for the help I had to offer.  3 years!  She knew exactly who I was, what she would be experiencing, and how to welcome me to her home.  I was, and am, touched and honored to know her, to work with her, and to be greeted by her full heart.